Traditional Factory “Iron Sights” ~.6″ Sight Height Above Bore:
- If the farthest distance that you will be shooting is 50 yards then you will be be served with a 12 yard or 15 yard zero.
- If you will be shooting you rifle past 50 yards and out to 100 yards then you will be best served with a 10 yard zero.
Optic Mounted With Aiming Point ~1.5″ Sight Height Above Bore:
- While the 25 yard zero is very attractive, I would still recommend a 20-yard zero. While there is a very slight penalty of higher apogee of flight with the 20-yard zero, you get almost one inch less drop at 100 yards.
Dedicated Or Converted .22LR AR-15 Style Rifle, 2.5″ Sight Height Above Bore:
- Zero your .22LR caliber AR15 style rifle, or AR15 with .22LR conversion kit at 25 yards.
- From approximately 13 yards out to approximately 89 yards the bullet’s impact will be within +/- 1″ of where you are aiming.
- At 100 yards you can expect the bullet to impact between 2″ and 2.5″ below your point-of-aim.
If you don’t have the patience for a detailed explanation, then you will still be well served by the information above. If you want to know more, keep reading.