- Diesel or Gasoline?
- Pickup Trucks
- Sport Utility Vehicles
- War Wagon
- Bug-Out Vehicle Checklist
Diesel or Gasoline?
- Generally get the best fuel mileage of all of the four-wheel vehicles.
- An average car will blend into the urban environment and not attract any negative attention.
- Replacement parts are readily available, especially for the more popular make and models.
- Don’t do well off-road.
- Most have very little road clearance that might be required when driving over debris on the road.
- Very little storage space.
- All-wheel drive is better than two-wheel drive.
- Front-wheel drive is more effective than rear-wheel drive in snow and most off-road conditions.
- They have more storage capability than most vehicles. They are designed to carry lots of stuff.
- Most are designed to excel off0road (if they are 4-wheel drive).
- They usually have higher ground clearance and beefier suspension systems.
- Because most pickup trucks are designed to work they have lots of power. They can pull heavy loads.
- Keep your quick access gear in the cab. Access to storage in the truck bed requires you to exit the vehicle, which might not always be ideal.
- Unless you have a bed cover, camper, or cap, all of your gear must be kept in waterproof containers or it will get wet.
- It is easier for items to be stolen out of the back of unattended pickup trucks.
- Pickup trucks are usually less fuel efficient than automobiles.
Sport Utility Vehicles (SUV):