Below is a list of indoor and outdoor public firearm ranges in the Savannah, Georgia area.
This area includes Hilton Head, Hinesville, and Ft. Stewart.
Aim Center Mass, Inc.
Phone Number: (912) 408-2006
Address: 918B Hollywood Drive, Hinesville, Georgia 31313
Hours: Monday-Saturday: 10am-7pm, Sunday: 12pm-4pm
Palmetto Indoor Gun Range & Sporting Goods, LLC:
Phone Number: (843) 784-5474
Address: 98 Purrysburg Road, Hardeeville, South Carolina 29927
GPS: Do not use the above address. Enter the intersection of Purrysburg Road & Limehouse Road in Hardeeville, South Carolina.
Hours: Closed Monday, Tuesday: 12pm-7pm, Wednesday-Saturday: 10am-7pm, Sunday: 12pm-6pm
Patrick’s Uniforms & Indoor Gun Range:
Phone Number: (912) 355-0205
Address: 2307 Highway 80, Garden City, Georgia 31408
Hours: Monday-Friday: 9am-6pm, Saturday: 9am -6pm, Sunday: 12pm-5pm.
Georgia DNR Outdoor Gun Range in Richmond Hill, Georgia:
- Savannah Arsenal’s Review Of The Georgia DNR-WMA Rifle Range Near Richmond Hill / Savannah / Hinesville / Ft. Stewart
- Follow Hwy 144 approximately 10.3 miles east from Richmond Hill (Hardees Restaurant at Hwy 17 and Hwy 144).
- Turn left on Kilkenny Road.
- Range entrance is 0.8 miles on left.
- Follow unpaved road 0.5 miles to the range.
- September 16 – March 15: 0900 – 1700.
- Mar. 16-Sept. 15: 0900 – 1800.
- Tuesdays: Closed.
- Closed on Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Be sure to read the above hyperlinked review of the DNR range. There are a bunch of quirks that you will want to be aware of before you go.
Indoor Range Quirks:
All of the indoor ranges discussed above forbid the use of steel case / bi-metal ammunition in their ranges. They may insist on inspecting your shooting gear prior to entering their range, and if they catch you shooting it then they may access a fine (you sign a statement agreeing to the policy, and they usually hold your Driver’s License and credit card while you are in the range). Only use brass case ammunition.
- Savannah Arsenal’s Marksmanship Page
- Savannah Arsenal’s Gun Cleaning & Maintenance Page
- Savannah Arsenal’s Gun Range & Training Page
- Savannah Arsenal’s Female Shooters Page
- Savannah Arsenal’s Children & Firearms Page
Looking for the ideal place to fire shotgun using shot, not slug. The DNR outdoor range is not recommended according to the post. Any suggestions?
I haven’t been there in several years, but they would let you pattern bird shot on the far right lane. Just don’t look like that you are enjoying yourself too much or they will enforce the “no fun allowed” rule. Good luck.